Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Anniversary Trip to South Haven...

 
Jason and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary over the weekend. Since it was one of the "milestone" ones, we decided to do it up right and getaway for the weekend without the kids. Luckily, my mom was able to watch all the runts for 3 nights so we could have a WHOLE weekend away. Since I am 7 months pregnant, we decided to do something simple and close, so Friday evening we set out to a bed and breakfast in South Haven. We got a luxury room with a fireplace and jacuzzi that overlooked lake Michigan. It was gorgeous!!
Peaceful view from our room...
We spent both days we were there lounging around the room in the morning and exploring the city in the afternoon/evening. We loved just sitting on the boardwalk, watching the boats come in and out of the harbor. We had perfect weather the whole time we were there which was definitely a blessing.
We also enjoyed walking the pier and strolling down the beach. The water was freezing but felt great beneath our feet as we headed down the beach. We also did a lot of walking around town checking out all the little stores and eating at a few of the restaurants including Clementines. Our last night there we went to a movie in the old theater downtown. As we were coming out, the sun was starting to go down so we walked down to the pier and got some great shots of the sunset. Someone was even nice enough to snap a photo of us together with the sunset as our backdrop.
On Monday morning, we got up, packed up and headed back home. I was excited to head back first thing since I was a little homesick for the kids. I knew they were in great hands, but I had never been away from them for that long, especially Aaron. When we got home, we got to hear all about their adventures with Papa & Nana in Grand Rapids at my sister and brother-in-laws house. They went to the the Children's Museum for a few hours one day and then spent the rest of the time playing at the park by my sisters house. All in all it was a great weekend for all of us and we were able to spend the actual holiday as a family! Thank goodness for mini vacations!!!

1 comment:

The Paulk's said...

Oh how fun!! I have to admit I'm a little jealous you got away without the kiddos :)! Congrats on 5 years. I hope you're feeling well, you look great!