Saturday, January 8, 2011

SEEK; 21 Days...

“Then you will pray to me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek me and find me when you search for me with all your heart.” Jer. 29:12-13
This last week, my pastor challenged our church congregation to partake in 21 days of prayer and fasting. We were asked to fast from whatever we feel hinders us from drawing closer to God, and instead use that free time for prayer. Prayer for God to move in our hearts, lives, families and communities. For me, it was a no-brainer and decided I will be taking a break from the internet for a while. I've become quite complacent in my walk with Jesus, going through the motions and not fully investing like I should be doing. And, well, it's time for a change... a big change. It's time for me to go after God completely and surrender my life to His will, not my own. It's time to allow Him to shine through me in all I do, glorifying Him. It's time to SEEK Him whole heartedly...
  

No comments: