Monday, July 13, 2009

Our New Norm...

Our family is finally together and complete! After what seemed like the longest 2 weeks of my life, Alexis officially came home from the hospital this past weekend. It was getting quite tiring driving back and forth between the hospital and home, trying to split my attention evenly between her and the boys. Jason had been home with the boys since the 4th of July when I was technically discharged from the hospital, but I was still able to stay at the hospital in a room by myself until Alexis was able to come home. As nice as it was to have a little extra healing time for myself before returning home to 3 rambunctious boys, I was definitely excited to get back home and back into my daily routine.
My last night at the hospital, I was finally able to have Alexis in my room so I could get used to taking care of her myself before they sent us home. Even though it was tiring waking her up to eat every 3 hours, I loved being able to do everything by myself with her. The next morning as soon as the neonatalogist made rounds and said she was good to go, we headed out the door.
Alexis in her carseat ready to go home...
She's soo tiny compared to her seat...
As soon as we pulled in the driveway the boys opened the door to the garage and ran out to greet their new little sister. Since she was in the nursery in an incubator, they never really got to see her up close so as soon as I felt comfortable enough, I let them hold her. Austin isn't really interested in the whole "new baby" thing, so only Andrew and Aaron took turns holding her and cheesing for the camera.
The first night home was pretty quiet without any visitors which helped us rest up for the next day which I knew was going to be really busy. Early the next afternoon, Alexis and I went to our first baby shower together for one of my bestfriends who is also having a little girl. After that, we came home and were visited by two of my cousins from Georgia, Stephanie & Nichole. Nichole's 1 1/2 year old daughter came too, and even brought some of her old clothes and toys to pass down to Alexis. They loved on her a ton and she was so content in their arms! We were even able to get a great snapshot of all us girls!
Stephanie and Alexis...
Nichole holding Alexis with little Emma close by...
Love these girls!...

Later that evening, Jason's sister stopped by with her hubby and son for a visit. After we bathed all the kids, I was able to snap a quick shot of all 5 Millard cousins together. 
After all of our company finally left, I tucked Alexis in for the night. She must've been worn out, because she slept so peacefully that night... like an angel!
The rest of our first week home was a little hectic due to a bunch of appointments and errands, but things are slowly starting to go back to normal. We've eased right into being a family of six and I hope things keep continuing to transition smoothly for us as time goes on :)

1 comment:

Karmel said...

How nice to see Alexis settled in the Millard home with her brothers,what great stories and pictures here on your blog! I'm glad you got the chance to be "showered" with attention & love!