Saturday, December 19, 2009

Pirate Island with me Mateys...

An indoor waterpark recently opened up in the area, and my bestfriends company hosted a Family Fun Night there. So, Tammy and I gathered up our 6 boys and headed out there this past Monday night for some water fun.
I was nervous at first with Andrew because he isn't that good of a swimmer yet, and Tammy's 10 year old son wanted him to go on all the big water slides with him. Although I was hesitant at first and made him wear his life jacket, after seeing how well he did the first few times going down, I allowed him to take his vest off. He did great!
Andrew and Anthony coming out of the water slide...
And floating down the lazy river...
Austin, on the other hand has ALWAYS loved the water and knows how to swim pretty well for being 4 years old. Last summer he even did a little tubing with me on my dad's boat. His favorite part of the park that night was the lazy river. The first time around he just laid on a tube and floated on down. The second time he decided to "swim" with the tube and did quite well.
Austin kicking and paddling in his tube...
Both boys on the lazy river...
Aaron used to be terrified of the water until this year. When we got to the waterpark, it did take him a minute to warm up to the kiddie area, but within minutes was sliding down the slide and even trying to "swim" in the shallow area. I am amazed at how far along he has come this past year with his speech and sensory issues. I'm so thankful for his special ed teachers, because there is no way I could've helped him on my own.
Aaron and Austin racing down the mini water slide...
Aaron "swimming"...
Loving the water...
Splashing around...
All in all, we had a great time and I think it is definitely a place the kids and I will be visiting during Christmas break!

1 comment:

The Paulk's said...

Oh my goodness, that looks like SO MUCH FUN! Riley is not a fan of the water--she likes to sit on the edge of the pool, but I hope she'll do things like that eventually!