Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Slip, Sliding Away...

For holiday break I had promised myself one thing... find lots of activities to keep the kids busy and occupied for my own sanity over the two week hiatus from school. So far, we've managed to find an activity to do most of the days since school got out last week and it has helped a ton! Yesterday I decided to brave the cold and snow with one of Andrew's classmates families and take the boys sledding. So, Christy and I geared up our 6 kids and headed out to the Intermediate school hill for some serious snow action!
I was apprehensive about how Aaron would be since he's such a temperamental kid and had never been sledding before, but he LOVED it! I shoved him down once and then went running after him expecting to hear a lot of screaming and crying. By the time I made it down to him, he was laughing and saying "again".
Aaron ready to go...
And down he goes...
Here he goes again...
I wasn't worried at all about how Andrew and Austin would enjoy it because my bestfriend took them sledding last year when I was pregnant with Alexis and they had a blast. This year proved to be a fun time for them too! Although after a while, Austin enjoyed eating the snow more than playing in it, but I guess whatever makes him happy!
Andrew ready for take off...
Zooming down...
And back up he goes...
Austin geared up and sliding down...
Tumbling off...
Relaxing at the bottom of the hill...
The last time I had gone sledding was back when I was in high school so even I was a little nervous to go. However, I got enough guts and hopped on a sled and flew down the hill. I had Andrew snap a couple pictures of me for proof to show people later on. 
All ready to go! I may have been smiling on the outside, but I was nervous as heck on the inside...
Whee...
It was nice that the first place I took my kids sledding was at the Intermediate school since that is where I went sledding all the time when I was in 5th grade. Another nice part of raising my kids where I was raised I guess. Hopefully within the next week I can take them again, but to an even bigger hill :)

No comments: