Friday, April 2, 2010

Eggs to Dye for...

As much fun as I had as a child dying and decorating Easter eggs, it's definitely one tradition that I wouldn't mind doing without during this Holy holiday. However, my kids absolutely love it, so I really have no choice in doing it. And this year since the weather was so nice, I was able to gather up all 4 of the kids and the neccessary supplies to head outside and color our eggs. Andrew, Austin and Aaron had no trouble diving right in and picking out the colored bowls to drop their eggs into. I was even surprised when they all went for different colors instead of all wanting blue because it is the "boy" color afterall. And they were very careful dropping their eggs in the bowls and taking them back out again. Oh so tedious!

Alexis required a little bit more assistance, but she was definitely ready, willing and able...
The messiest part of course is taking the eggs out of the dyed water tubs and making sure no one knocks one over or drops their egg. The boys did quite well with this part too, and were happy to show off their masterpieces... including Alexis!
Later in the afternoon they even went over to my parents house and helped my mom dye even more eggs since they were practically pros. Such an 'egg'cellent day!

No comments: