Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Kindergarten, Here He Comes...

Austin is officially a preschool graduate! Yesterday afternoon, I headed over to the Galesburg park for his class picnic and celebration of his achievement. I will be honest, going into this year I was very nervous for him. He's definitely a strong-willed child and I feared him butting heads with his teachers. Although we had many rough days getting to school, his teachers said he was always happy after 15 minutes and played well. The first half of the year I was sure they had him mixed up with another kid when they told me at his first conference that most the time they wanted to light a fire under his butt to get him moving. I was shocked because he's the kid I have the urge to tape to the wall most days. From the moment he wakes up until the second he leaves for school, he's running, jumping and play fighting. Then the second he hops off the bus at 3:30pm, he's doing it all over again, until he falls asleep around 8pm... literally! I guess being wild all morning at home wore him out, so school time was his "rest period" that re-energized him... lucky me, huh!? The last few months, however, he must've finally started to warm up and show his true side because at his second conference, his teachers told me he was a little ball of energy and had quite the imagination. They also joked that he needs to be in the special effects industry when he gets older because of all the different sounds he can make. Just what every mom wants to hear! All in all, I am very impressed with how far he has come this year and look forward to watching him learn more as the years go on. Congrats, Austin! 
Austin with his teachers, Mrs Meyers and Mrs. Whitman...
Austin's class standing in line getting ready to sing for the adults...
(that's his best buddy Cody that he is posing with)
Singing...

Graduating...

1 comment:

Mandy said...

So cute! Congrats Austin!!