Thursday, August 18, 2011

'Zoo' Much Birthday Fun...

For my mom's birthday, she wanted all of us to spend a day at the zoo with her since Mother's Day was such a success. We decided to head north and go to John Ball Zoo. It's not too far from my older sister's house and has completely different animals than Binder Park. It was a perfect day weather wise, and the animals were actually mobile and not just laying around.
Our crew (minus me)...
Eyeing a Bald Eagle...
Checking out the Chimps...
Alexis getting up close and personal...
Uncle Eric taking reign over Andrew and Austin...
The battling bears (they gave us quite a show!)...
Camel rides (compliments of Uncle E)...
Petting Zoo...
Austin, my little animal lover...
My nephew Finn loving on the goats...
Nana with her little princess...
Papa and his little monkeys...
Big bird cage...
Andrew feeding a bird...
Austin offering his goodies to a bird...
The boys and I petting stingrays and sharks...
Adult group shot in front of the shark pool (again, minus me)...
 The only think missing that any other zoo I have visited was a train ride. However, they did have this little wooden train that the kids had a blast climbing all over!
My mom with her grandboys...
After visiting all the animals, we went out to dinner a fantastic mexican restaurant. Thankfully the kids were worn out from walking around the zoo, so they were eager to sit still throughout our meal. They also had worked up great appetites as well! Afterwards, we headed over to my sister's house for a brief celebration with cake and ice cream. Happy Birthday, Mom!!!

No comments: