Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Preschool: Where a Kid can be a Kid...

I can hardly believe it, but all 3 of my boys are officially in school! Aaron started preschool this afternoon, and I couldn't have been more excited for him! Over the summer I told him all about the fun stuff he would do in preschool and the new friends he would be meeting. His dad took him shopping a few months ago and let him pick out new Toy Story shoes and a cool Cars backpack. And when his teachers came to the house a few weeks ago for the home visit/evaluation, he greeted them with a big smile. He even strolled into his classroom with ease at his open house last week to explore his new classroom. He was so excited and told anyone that would listen about how he was "going to school like Andrew and Austin." However, his tune quickly changed this afternoon as soon as he and I pulled into the school parking lot!
Reluctantly posing in front of his school ...
Refusing to hang his backpack up...
Waiting in line to wash his hands before class starts...
Doing it all by himself like a big boy...
It was during this time that I slipped out the door since he had his back turned to me. And let me tell you, he wasn't too happy to turn around and not see me standing behind him anymore!
(The rest of the pictures were taken by my bestfriend who was also dropping off her son.)
Aaron turning around and realizing I was gone...
Stubborness setting in (again)...
And then the tears... 
Sticking close to his teachers side...
I was a little worried about how he would do after I left since he has separation anxiety, but I knew that he was in GREAT hands and would get over it. When the bus brought him home that afternoon, Andrew told me he had to sit with him because he was crying about the ride home since he'd never ridden on a bus before. Later when I asked him about his day though, he said he had a fun time and couldn't wait to go back tomorrow. Here's hoping he is still as enthused about it when I go drop him off again!

No comments: