Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back to School...

Yesterday kicked off the start of another school year. This summer definitely seemed longer than ones in the past did, so I was quite excited to send my two little guys off to their teachers. We packed their backpacks the night before with all their school supplies and went over the next days' schedule. Thankfully they woke up yesterday morning bright-eyed and ready to head off to school... success!!!
My boys all geared up for their 1st day of school...
Andrew and Austin with their buddies, Cody and Anthony, waiting for the bus...
Like last year, I was/am nervous with how Austin will adapt to kindergarten. Our school district does full day kindergarten, so he gets on the bus at 6:45am and doesn't come home until 3:30pm. Last year it was a struggle getting him to go for just a half day for preschool, and I was scared the mention of him being gone all day would make it even worse for this year. Luckily, he's in a class with a few of his buddies from preschool last year and even my neighbors' son. Also in his class is my best friends' son (Cody), whom he has grown up with like a brother. I do daycare for him and his brothers, not to mention we all go to the same church, so they are together just about every day. And because I watch him before and after school, he and Austin get to ride the bus together. A huge bonus to help keep him excited to go to school. Well, that and the fact he gets to eat hot lunch in the cafeteria every day. Here's hoping at least!
Austin happy and ready to go...
Him helping Cody get on the bus...
Coming home a little tired...
With Andrew, on the other hand, I had no concerns with him going into the 2nd grade. He did very well last year in 1st, and got rave reviews from his teacher on his final report card. He's my eager learner and really enjoys school (just like his mommy!). He was able to get the teacher I requested, and also has a few of his good buddies in his class. At his open house, he even found out his locker was next to his best buddy, Robbie. It should be a great school year for him!
Andrew excited to head to school...
Getting on the bus like a pro...
Back home and still cheerful...
It's amazing to me how fast they seem to be growing up, and even more amazing that next year I will have 3 of them enrolled at G-A. But first, we have to get through this year :)

No comments: