Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Isn't it Great! Andrew is 8...

Eight years ago today my life forever changed when I became a mommy for the first time. And what a proud momma I have been ever since. Andrew never ceases to amaze me as the years go by. His charismatic personality, helpful spirit, kind heart and contagious smile are just a few of the wonderful qualities I love about him. His teachers in school have all said he is an absolute joy. He works very hard and is exceeding all his goals in every subject. He's also becoming quite popular, too. Within a month span he was invited to 4 birthday parties for his classmates. At home he loves playing video games on the Wii or DSi, building his little Lego sets or playing with his army men. He's starting to venture out a little more and has been spending a lot of time at his buddy's house down the road. It's been a little difficult to let him go, just because as a mom I want to keep all my kids close and safe. However, I know he is getting older and needs that independance. And he does so much to help out around the house and does a wonderful job being a big brother, so he definitely needs some breaks away from us. It's just unbelievable how fast he has grown up!
For his actual birthday, we kept things pretty low key. During the day, I brought him Star Wars cupcakes at school to share with his classmates and teacher. That night at home, I made him birthday brownies (he prefers those over cake any day), ordered pizza and we spent the evening celebrating.
The birthday boy posing with his card...
Unwrapping his gift...
Showing off this new game...
Happy 8th Birthday, Roo-bear!!!

No comments: