Sunday, March 14, 2010

Andrew's in Heaven, He just turned 7...

It's hard to believe, but my first born turned 7 years old today. His birthday is not only a special day to him, but to me as well. For his birthday marks how many years he has graced me with his presence, and also how many years I have been a mother. I can still remember the first time I felt him move in my womb and what joy it gave me. That joy has yet to cease when it comes to daily life with him. His cheerful attitude and adorable grin still melt my heart every day. He's starting to help out around the house with a little housework. He also loves helping with his little brothers and sister, and they all look up to him so much. As for school, he's doing great! Ever since his first parent-teacher conference back in preschool, I never fail to get rave reviews from his teachers. His school work comes back with 100% on it and he's even been put in an advanced reading group. His good behavior has even given him a few opportunities to eat lunch with his principal on stage. He's also doing pretty well in sports. He plays soccer in the fall and spring, and baseball in the summer. He even gave basketball a try this past winter, and can't wait to play again next year. He's been begging me to let him play flag football, so I think we are going to give that a try in the fall. This year, he has gotten involved in the church we started going to last summer and goes to their Wednesday night program called Kids Konnect. There, he can earn badges for reciting the weekly memory verse, leading prayer, being helpful and various other things. Every Sunday and Wednesday he is eager to get to his class to hang out with his newfound friends and listen to more stories about Jesus. He's definitely my little people pleaser, and I wouldn't want it any other way. Happy Birthday Andrew!!!

No comments: