Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Cuties & Chaos...

After not getting home and going to bed until well after midnight on Christmas Eve, I thought my kids would at least sleep til 7am on Christmas morning. Boy was I wrong! They were up exactly 2 hours after I lay my head on my pillow. As much as I wanted to lock my door and hide stay in bed, I got up and and joined them in the living room. Before they are allowed to open up any presents, we read the story of Jesus' birth (just like my dad used to do with us on Christmas morning) and then the letter that Santa leaves telling them how well they were this year and what they need to work on for next year. After that, it was on to opening up the presents! 
The boys posing with their stockings...
Aaron checking out his new cleaning set (that comes complete a kid vacuum that actually works!)...
Austin scoping out his new Joker Lair...
Andrew in awe over his new Batman Cave...
Andrew and Austin listening to the noises the Batcave make...
Aaron loving his new playdoh set...
Austin digging his new mode of transportation...
Andrew enthused about his Razor, too...
Alexis wasn't fully awake when the boys started diving into their presents, so she just sat back and watched all the excitement until her brothers were done. I was anxious for her to open up her gifts, because I had it on good authority Santa brought her some great girly stuff. And after 7 years of seeing all boy toys, I was beyond thrilled for a little change!
Alexis still barely awake but clutching her stocking...
Alexis finally opening some presents! Her very first baby doll...
And a bathtub to go with it...
And of course, a miniature nursery set... 
Alexis taking her new doll for a walk in the new stroller...
However, before she was fully able to enjoy all her doll stuff herself, her brothers decided to test it all a test-try themselves! I guess they were as ecstatic as I was to have a baby doll in the house, too :)
Austin and Aaron tucking the baby in for a nap...
Austin changing her butt after naptime...
I really wish I would've recorded the whole diaper changing process because it was hilarious! However, I was able to get a little bit of their excellent babysitting skills on video. They never cease to amuse me :)
They all played the majority of the afternoon with their new toys. It was pretty hard to pry Andrew away from his DSi and Austin from the new Wii games, but I was finally able to coax them into getting ready to go with their dad to celebrate with his family. Once the kids were gone, I was able to put all their new stuff away and enjoy the evening relaxing in silence... the best gift of all :)

No comments: