Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Eve...

Just like last Christmas Eve, the kids and I headed to Detroit again for the Wilks family Christmas party. And this year, my parents and siblings also made the trek to make it an even better time. There is nothing I enjoy more than spending time with all my family, especially during the holidays! The kids love playing with their little cousins, and I enjoy catching up with my extended family as well since I am on the other side of the state and only see them a few times a year. Alexis snuggling with Great Papa Sebastian...
Uncle Kurk passing out the presents to the kids that "Santa" left on the doorstep...
Austin excited about his gift...
Andrew unwrapping his present...
Aaron and Andrew testing our their toys from Santa...
Andrew, Austin and Aaron playing light sabers...
Little Charlie joining in on the battle with his mini light saber...
Opening up presents from family...
More presents...

Andrew excitedly showing off Just Dance 2 for the Wii...
Alexis opening up all her clothes from Aunt Patty and Uncle E...
After the last presents were opened, I got the kids in their pajamas and loaded them up in the car. I was very thankful the weather cooperated and I was able to drive the 2 hours back home without having to worry about any snow! When we finally made it into the house, we quickly read "Twas the Night Before Christmas",  and then the kids put out cookies and milk Santa along with their Christmas lists. Austin even went the extra mile and sprinkled reindeer food in the yard for the reindeer. Another great Christmas Eve!

No comments: