Saturday, October 16, 2010

Let Me Hold You Longer...

Since Alexis has started walking and saying a few words, it's made me realize what few baby "firsts" she has left. It's amazing how time has flown with all my kids and how the majority of all their main "firsts" are now over... especially with Andrew and Austin. Looking back, I remember times I was overwhelmed with multiple littles ones when things needed to get done. During those stressful times, I longed for the days they could walk on their own so I didn't have to carry them around or actually say words so they could just tell me what they wanted. These were days I was wishing for, and now here we are. However, now that they are upon me, I realize just how bittersweet it is. You see, them becoming more independent and doing stuff on their own just means they no longer need me as much. Then a few weeks ago one of my friends posted a video on one of their webpages. My feelings along with this video only instilled in me how much more I want need life to slow down so I can enjoy each and every moment with my children while they are still young. I've added it here for you all to enjoy, just skip forward to 2:09 to get to the reading of the book itself. And if you are a mom, I highly suggest grabbing a box of kleenex.

No comments: