Monday, November 15, 2010

Bittersweet Month...

The last two months have been extremely busy with a lot of weekend traveling. As I was leaving town again this past Saturday, it dawned on me that I have only been home 3 out of the last 8 weekends. One of them was Halloween weekend, so that kept us hopping all around town. I will admit, the majority of the weekends away had been planned far in advance, but the last 2 were completely unexpected. It's also odd at how different the dynamics were revolving around them. Last weekend I was out of town celebrating the birth of my new nephew, and this weekend I was out of town honoring the death of my uncle. One weekend filled with hope and happiness, and the next filled with sympathy and sadness. Don't get me wrong -- it is nice spending time with my extended family, I just wish it could be for happy occasions only. I know it's all a part of life, but like I have said many times before, I just wish life would s-l-o-w down! Here's hoping that nothing else unexpected comes up for a while, because I am traveled out! Also, I am ready to stay home and enjoy these sweet little faces...

No comments: