Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Man Among Men...

Andrew's class was discussing heroes one day, and his teacher asked each of his classmates whom they considered a hero in their life. Many kids answered with their parents or grandparents, but Andrew chose my sister's boyfriend, Mark. You see, Mark is a police officer, and Andrew has grown really fond of him. As part of the discussion, his teacher had the kids then make their chosen hero an award and write why they chose them. Andrew's read: "My hero award goes to Mr. Mark. I chose him because he always does what is right and helps keep people safe."
A few nights after Andrew brought it home, my sister picked him up and together they went to Mark's police station to give him his award. Andrew was so excited to see Mark at his work with fellow officers, and even got to sit in the back of his police car. I think it may have even made him a bigger hero!

No comments: